Police warn motorists to not leave cars defrosting after three thefts in East Cambs
- Credit: Archant
MOTORISTS are being urged not to leave their cars running unattended after three cars were stolen this morning in East Cambridgeshire while they were left defrosting.
A grey Vauxhall Astra was stolen from outside a home in Pieces Lane, Waterbeach, at 6.35am and a silver Alfa Romeo was taken from High Street, Haddenham, at 7.10am.
Then thieves took a black Volkswagen Eos convertible from Orchard Row, Soham, at 7.40am.
All three vehicles had been left defrosting with the keys in the ignition when they were stolen.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “These thefts should be a timely reminder to never leave your car running while unattended.
You may also want to watch:
“It may be tempting to pop indoors while your vehicle is warming up and de-icing, but it gives thieves an easy ride.
“Never leave your vehicle unlocked with the keys in the ignition, it is not worth the risk.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.