Police warning after �10,000 caravan theft in Whittlesey
CARAVAN owners are urged to check their security after a caravan was stolen in Whittlesey.
The blue and white Fendt Platin touring caravan was stolen from Benwick Road between 10pm on Sunday (May 30) and 6am the following day.
The twin-axle, six-berth caravan has a value of more than �10,000.
Community Safety Manager Trevor Bracken said: “Four caravans have been stolen in Whittlesey over the past four months.
“Often those responsible for these crimes have easily removed the traditional security devices such as hitch locks and wheel clamps. This is an indication that caravan owners need to rethink their security.
You may also want to watch:
“They should consider installing tracking equipment which helps police trace their caravan if it is stolen. Post coding is recommended and can aid the identification of a stolen caravan.”
Anti-theft roof marking kits, which comprise of one large and two smaller signs costing �48 plus �1.50 postage and packing, are available from Countryside Watch Co-ordinator Stefan Gidlow on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
• Anyone with information about the theft should contact police on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.