Police warning after �10,000 caravan theft in Whittlesey
CARAVAN owners are urged to check their security after a caravan was stolen in Whittlesey.
The blue and white Fendt Platin touring caravan was stolen from Benwick Road between 10pm on Sunday (May 30) and 6am the following day.
The twin-axle, six-berth caravan has a value of more than �10,000.
Community Safety Manager Trevor Bracken said: “Four caravans have been stolen in Whittlesey over the past four months.
“Often those responsible for these crimes have easily removed the traditional security devices such as hitch locks and wheel clamps. This is an indication that caravan owners need to rethink their security.
You may also want to watch:
“They should consider installing tracking equipment which helps police trace their caravan if it is stolen. Post coding is recommended and can aid the identification of a stolen caravan.”
Anti-theft roof marking kits, which comprise of one large and two smaller signs costing �48 plus �1.50 postage and packing, are available from Countryside Watch Co-ordinator Stefan Gidlow on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
• Anyone with information about the theft should contact police on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.