Poppy appeal fund raising is blooming marvellous
- Credit: Archant
A big thankyou has been sent to the people of March who donated £19,208.09 for this year’s Poppy Appeal.
Kay and Alec Larham, who organise the appeal on behalf of March Royal British Legion, said each year more people came to the Legion for help and the cost of the help was increasing which made the appeal so important
Mrs Larham said: “Our thanks to the many volunteers who have helped us with this years collection, to all the businesses who took part, to the organisers and supporters of the band concert at St Peters Church which raised £1398.30 and to Linda & Terry Stevens and March Braza Club who worked with us to raise £600 at the annual poppy dance.”
“Daily we hear of young servicemen and women employed in peace keeping duties, often in considerable danger, and this means that there will always be a need to provide help for them and their dependants, when they themselves no longer can.
“That is why the Poppy Appeal is so important,
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you March, on behalf of those who will now benefit from your support.”
Last year’s appeal raised more than £23,000.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges