Poppy Appeal given a boost thanks to pub customers in Coates
- Credit: Archant
A big thankyou has been sent out to customers at the Vine Public house in Coates who helped raised nearly £600 for the Poppy Appeal.
A certificate of thanks was presented to pub landlord Stuart Cross for raising £576.83.
The certificate was presented by British Legion Poppy Appeal organisers Ray Thrower and Judy Darby.
Mr Cross said: “The amount raised was fantastic and adds to generosity from everybody in the Whittlesey and surrounding area for this year’s Poppy Appeal.
“In total the Whittlesey branch of the Royal British Legion raised £5,535.34 which is fantastic and is £500 up from last year’s total. A big thankyou to everyone who contributed.”
You may also want to watch:
The Vine raised the money thanks to a range of events at the pub.
Mr Thrower thanked everybody for digging deep this year.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government