Popular March dance event for Help for Heroes and East Anglian Air Ambulance to return
A POPULAR dance event which has raised more than �3,500 for charity will be held in March for a third time.
‘March into the 1940s’ will see dance enthusiasts stomp the day away at the GER Club in Robingoodfellow’s Lane.
A range of classic dances and activities will be held as fundraisers take a trip down memory lane in support of Help For Heroes and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Lindy hop dance lessons for beginners and intermediates will be held and Second World War films, re-enactments and vehicles will also be on show.
Evening entertainment for the event, which ends at midnight, includes dancing to music of the 40s with DJ Woody supplying tunes. Miss Lola Lamour will sing favourite war-time songs.
You may also want to watch:
Authentic food from the decade, such as spam sandwiches and bread and butter pudding, will be available until 11pm.
There will also be a raffle, a licensed bar and free doughnuts.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Tickets for the event, on begins at 2pm on March 24, cost �12.50. All profits will be once again donated to the two charities.
For further information or to purchase tickets contact Dave on 07719 336452 or 01354 660688 or Donna on 07876 264613.