Popular mid morning show presenter on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire to host FEBA awards
ANDIE Harper, one of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s most popular presenters has agreed to host the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
The former Cambridgeshire teacher who first joined the BBC 12 years ago, will be at the Brasa, March, on October 1 help us unveil the winners of this year’s prestigious awards.
Andie first joined Radio Cambridgeshire as a sports producer until taking over as Drivetime presenter in 2002.
In 2004, however, he landed what he says is the job “I always wanted” as presenter of the increasingly popular mid morning show.
He still presents this marathon three and a half daily mix of news, sports, current affairs and consumer issues and is widely known throughout the county for his popular catchphrase “Has the world gone mad?”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gala night are fast selling out- and on pages 4/5 today we unveil some of the early nominees for the awards and keep you up to speed on what will be happening on the big night.
And on page 25 we explain how YOU can get obtain tickets for what promises to be a highlight of the year for Fenland.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
Among guests joining us for the evening will be MP Stephen Barclay and civic heads representing Fenland District Council and all four Fenland towns.
Full details and background to the awards can be found on our website, www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk