Popular mid morning show presenter on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire to host FEBA awards
ANDIE Harper, one of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s most popular presenters has agreed to host the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
The former Cambridgeshire teacher who first joined the BBC 12 years ago, will be at the Brasa, March, on October 1 help us unveil the winners of this year’s prestigious awards.
Andie first joined Radio Cambridgeshire as a sports producer until taking over as Drivetime presenter in 2002.
In 2004, however, he landed what he says is the job “I always wanted” as presenter of the increasingly popular mid morning show.
He still presents this marathon three and a half daily mix of news, sports, current affairs and consumer issues and is widely known throughout the county for his popular catchphrase “Has the world gone mad?”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the gala night are fast selling out- and on pages 4/5 today we unveil some of the early nominees for the awards and keep you up to speed on what will be happening on the big night.
And on page 25 we explain how YOU can get obtain tickets for what promises to be a highlight of the year for Fenland.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
Among guests joining us for the evening will be MP Stephen Barclay and civic heads representing Fenland District Council and all four Fenland towns.
Full details and background to the awards can be found on our website, www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk