£16,000 damage caused to Porsche - British Transport Police want to question this man about it
- Credit: Archant
Seven weeks after a man smashed his way into a Porsche at Peterborough rail station - causing £16,000 worth of damage – a CCTV image of the suspect has been released.
“Who is this man?” said a British Transport Police spokesman.
“We are investigating a theft from a vehicle at Peterborough train station and today have released CCTV images in connection with the offence.”
On Friday August 3 at approximately 4pm, a man smashed the window of a Porsche and then climbed inside.
“He rummaged through the car and then stole a number of items,” said the spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst inside the car, he caused extensive damage to the interior. It is estimated that the man caused more than £16,000 worth of damage to the car, as well as taking a number of items.”
Officers believe the man shown in this CCTV image may have information which could help them investigate.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
If you know who he is, then contact BTP by sending a text to 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 410 of 03/08/2018.
Or, ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.