Peterborough United supports government’s coronavirus messaging with short videos
- Credit: Archant
Peterborough United FC players have been encouraging residents to follow government rules around staying safe from coronavirus by sharing four short video messages.
Goalkeeper Christy Pym, defender Frazer Blake-Tracy and midfielders Joe Ward and Siriki Dembele took part in the videos, which lent support to Peterborough City Council’s and Cambridgeshire County Council’s ‘keep caring’ messaging on how to stay safe during the pandemic.
The messaging includes:
- Washing your hands regularly when you enter or leave a new place
- Self-isolating if you think you’ve got symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has
You may also want to watch:
- Keeping your distance and only meeting with one other household in their home or garden, or in a group of six from a number of other households in public
- Covering your face on public transport and in public settings like shops, supermarkets, drinking venues and takeaways, even if you have no symptoms.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Dr Liz Robin, director of public health for Cambridgeshire, said: “Coronavirus hasn’t gone away and it’s really important we keep reinforcing the messages for residents to follow government rules on self-isolating, washing hands, wearing face coverings and keeping socially distanced.
“I’d like to thank the club for supporting our campaign and sharing the messages amongst their supporters via social media.”