Postbag: Deplorable state of park area
I CAME to visit my mother and father the other day with my two children, four and six, and went to the park in West End near the swimming pool. I was disgusted with the state of the park and children s play area. The amount of broken glass bottles and th
I CAME to visit my mother and father the other day with my two children, four and six, and went to the park in West End near the swimming pool.
I was disgusted with the state of the park and children's play area.
The amount of broken glass bottles and the graffiti in the children's play area was unacceptable for the safety of small children; area like this should be patrolled on a regular basis and kept, clean safe and tidy at all times.
Also when visiting the same park in the summer of 2005 I found that a lot of the rides were monopolised by teenagers and yobs who should not have been in this area.
You may also want to watch:
I find it difficult to understand that Fenland Council spends all this money on an area like this and does not look after it.
I also find it difficult to understand that the council puts cameras up in town centres and spends an absolute fortune (our money) on these to keep an eye on yobs and speeding motorists yet leaves areas like this completely exposed to idiots.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
PAUL HUDSON, Orwell Close, Raunds