Postman Lee hoping to deliver funds to Queen Elizabeth Hospital with sponsored skydive
- Credit: Archant
A Tilney St Lawrence postman is hoping to make a special delivery to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn with a fundraising parachute jump.
Lee Collingridge will be jumping out of a plane in Chatteris on Saturday August 24 to raise money for the Roxburgh Children’s Centre.
The 30-year-old’s parents, Wendy and Peter, run the Buck Inn at Tilney St Lawrence, which will be hosting a number of events in September to generate more funds for the centre.
Mr Collingridge is putting out an appeal for sponsorship. He said: “I have wanted to do a parachute jump for years and I thought it would be a good idea to combine that with raising money for a good local cause.
“After doing a bungee jump and paragliding, a parachute jump seemed the natural progression.”
You may also want to watch:
Another fundraising event planned is a charity auction on Saturday September 3 at the pub when Mark Copeland will be in charge of the gavel while dressed in drag.
Among the items which will be going under the hammer is a £50 voucher but more items are being sought.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
Teams will also battle it out in a general knowledge quiz which will be held at the pub on Saturday September 17. Entry costs £2 while teams can be made of up to four people.
Roxburgh Children’s Centre provides a range of outpatient services, including specialist play clinics, for children and babies.
If you would like to support Lee on his parachute jump or would like to add a prize to the charity auction then email email@example.com.