Pot luck! Snooker fan Jude wins signed cue and visit from Fen star Joe Perry thanks to Barnardo’s
- Credit: Archant
A snooker fan has potted a top prize thanks to the March branch of Barnardo’s.
Jude Gary-Hines Hope scooped the prize of meeting Fen snooker star Joe Perry after Barnardo’s on Gas Road held a snooker-themed event which involved staff dressing up in different colours to represent snooker balls.
They also held a raffle and the main prize – a snooker cue signed by Perry, Jimmy White and Ronny O’Sullivan – was won by Jude.
She said: “I can’t believe I have actually won. I love snooker and to get to meet Joe Perry too is the icing on the cake.
“I regularly shop at the store and I can’t praise the team highly enough for all the effort they have made.”
You may also want to watch:
Store manager Joanne Burgess, said: “These were great prizes for any snooker enthusiast and the public have really got involved and enjoyed the event.
“We are also grateful to Joe for taking the time to come and visit the store and present Jude with her prize.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
“All of the money raised goes towards supporting vulnerable children across the UK and can help to make a real difference to people’s lives.”
The raffle raised an impressive sum of £300.