Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- Credit: Fen Cops
Police have found the driver of car who left the scene after his car left the road early today and brought down power lines.
The incident happened on the A1101 Sutton Road, Wisbech near to the junction with Gypsy Lane, Leverington.
An off-duty police officer came across the abandoned car on his way home at 01.46am.
“The driver had left the scene, the vehicle was recovered by police and enquiries are ongoing into this,” said a post on Policing Fenland Facebook.
In response to numerous Facebook posts, the driver’s mother posted “thank you for your concern, it was my son; he is still badly shaken but OK, thanks again”.
You may also want to watch:
The Ford Fiesta Zetec was recovered by police.
The police spokesperson said the road was closed at 05.44 because the power lines were down across the road.
- 1 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 2 Town secures £1million funding for masterplan to make it 'thrive'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 5 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 6 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 7 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 8 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 9 Pride of Whittlesey finalists revealed
- 10 Council plays its part to halt Covid infections in Fens hotspot
"UK Power Networks are dealing,” said the statement. “No injuries reported at scene. A number of properties have also lost their power due to this incident.”