Prepare for ‘difficult driving conditions’ and ‘longer journey times’ as snow falls on Fenland roads
- Credit: Archant
As snow falls across Cambridgeshire and Fenland this morning, warnings have been issued about keeping safe whilst driving on local roads.
The Met Office said: “Ice will lead to the risk of disruption with difficult driving conditions and expect longer journey times.
“The greater risk of disruption is across the Midlands, East Anglia and southeast England.”
Two local roads - the A47 Norfolk Northbound at the A1101 Elm High Road, Wisbech and the A1123 at Wilburton Road, Stretham – are said to be experiencing delays due to congestion.
Cambs Fire & Rescue tweeted: “It’s snowing! Make sure you’re up to date with any weather alerts in your area and take extra care on the roads.
You may also want to watch:
Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit also tweeted: “Morning travellers.
“You’re clever so we know you’ve checked lights, tyres, washer fluid and defrosted your car well. Have a safe journey.”
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 4 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
They added: “Please remember, in poor visibility your automatic lights may not come on.
“Stay seen in bad weather and light up.”
Fenland Leisure Products, based near Wisbech, also tweeted: “There is #snow stopping us! out in all #Weather #installers #outdoors”.