Prickwillow’s phone box turns festive for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A giant sleigh laden with presents is the latest treat to greet visitors in Prickwillow after artists transformed the village phone box for Christmas.
The large sculptural piece by The Ouse Life Drawing Group envelopes Prickwillow’s iconic red phone box and has been mounted in such a way that it appears to be entering a chimney on the pavement.
The innovative scheme by Prickwillow villagers to turn their phone box into a space to promote local art was launched in 2010.
Previous exhibitions have included a photograph of a giant naked man climbing out of the phone box while a large pair of wings and a host of angels provided another festive treat from the drawing group.
Cary Outis, spokesperson for the group said: “This is the third time Ouse Life have held a Christmas exhibition at the phone box. We’ve had huge fun creating it and hopefully visitors will enjoy it too.”
A grand unveiling of the latest installation, named Santa Calling, will take place with mince pies and carols at 2pm on December 8, with work remaining in place until January 31.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim