Nominate an unsung hero in Cambridgeshire for their care of others
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are invited to celebrate people who go the extra mile to support family, friends and clients.
The Carers Trust has launched Pride in Our Carers Awards 2018 and is inviting nominations to honour family carers and carer friendly professionals and organisations .
For the third year the awards celebrate the work of unpaid carers of all ages in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Miriam Martin, chief executive of Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for us to celebrate family carers of all ages, who have a dedicated caring role without receiving any recognition for what they do.
“This is a chance for the community to show their appreciation for them, as well as acknowledge the carer friendly GP practices, health and social care professionals, teachers, community organisations and businesses that support family carers.
You may also want to watch:
“We want these awards to inspire individuals, organisations and business to understand how they can better support these unsung heroes.”
• Deadline is Monday April 16. Categories include young carer of the year, carer friendly employer, carer friendly school/college and outstanding contribution.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
• Visit www.carerstrustcpn.org/pioc-2018, call 01480 499090 or email email@example.com.