Nominate an unsung hero in Cambridgeshire for their care of others
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are invited to celebrate people who go the extra mile to support family, friends and clients.
The Carers Trust has launched Pride in Our Carers Awards 2018 and is inviting nominations to honour family carers and carer friendly professionals and organisations .
For the third year the awards celebrate the work of unpaid carers of all ages in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Miriam Martin, chief executive of Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for us to celebrate family carers of all ages, who have a dedicated caring role without receiving any recognition for what they do.
“This is a chance for the community to show their appreciation for them, as well as acknowledge the carer friendly GP practices, health and social care professionals, teachers, community organisations and businesses that support family carers.
“We want these awards to inspire individuals, organisations and business to understand how they can better support these unsung heroes.”
• Deadline is Monday April 16. Categories include young carer of the year, carer friendly employer, carer friendly school/college and outstanding contribution.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 5 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 6 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 10 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
• Visit www.carerstrustcpn.org/pioc-2018, call 01480 499090 or email email@example.com.