Pride of Whittlesey finalists to be revealed
- Credit: Rob Windle
Finalists in the coveted Pride of Whittlesey awards will be announced at 5pm on Friday both online and by Fenland Youth Radio.
The Cambs Times has linked with the fledgling community station to simultaneously reveal this year’s nominees.
The names will be revealed on social media, with full details, photos and background information on our website.
During what was a challenging year, 2020 also showed signs of promise from those who wanted to lift their community in the face of adversity.
That is exactly what the Pride of Whittlesey Awards, organised by Fenland Youth Radio, will aim to recognise.
From fundraisers and army cadets to restaurateurs and cyclists, each finalist has played their part to raise people’s spirits in their own way and we want to showcase their achievements, too.
We will also share details on who they are and what they’ve done to benefit their local community in a special article in the Cambs Times on Friday, March 5.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
You can see the full list of finalists on our website, in print and on the Fenland Youth Radio Facebook page from 5pm on Friday, February 26.