Pride of Whittlesey finalists to be revealed
- Credit: Rob Windle
Finalists in the coveted Pride of Whittlesey awards will be announced at 5pm on Friday both online and by Fenland Youth Radio.
The Cambs Times has linked with the fledgling community station to simultaneously reveal this year’s nominees.
The names will be revealed on social media, with full details, photos and background information on our website.
During what was a challenging year, 2020 also showed signs of promise from those who wanted to lift their community in the face of adversity.
That is exactly what the Pride of Whittlesey Awards, organised by Fenland Youth Radio, will aim to recognise.
You may also want to watch:
From fundraisers and army cadets to restaurateurs and cyclists, each finalist has played their part to raise people’s spirits in their own way and we want to showcase their achievements, too.
We will also share details on who they are and what they’ve done to benefit their local community in a special article in the Cambs Times on Friday, March 5.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 5 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 6 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Dozens of stolen dogs recovered in police raid on travellers' site
You can see the full list of finalists on our website, in print and on the Fenland Youth Radio Facebook page from 5pm on Friday, February 26.