Primary school children get library induction at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris
PRIMARY school children have been attending Cromwell Community College in Chatteris this week for an induction to the library and resource centre.
More than 200 children, from schools across Cambridgeshire, took part in the induction before they join Cromwell in September.
Jackie Harding, resource centre manager, said: “We have had children coming across from schools in Chatteris, Manea, Wimblington, Somersham and March and we even had one from Cambridge!
“We have had the children in for the last seven days. They learned how to use the library, the computers and other resources.
“They also had lunch here in the caf�, which was a new experience for them as it was the first time they had brought money into school to purchase their food.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall we had very positive feedback from the school teachers, the children and the parents.
“It was a very beneficial experience for everyone and something we will be doing again next year.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour