Primary school children get library induction at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris
PRIMARY school children have been attending Cromwell Community College in Chatteris this week for an induction to the library and resource centre.
More than 200 children, from schools across Cambridgeshire, took part in the induction before they join Cromwell in September.
Jackie Harding, resource centre manager, said: “We have had children coming across from schools in Chatteris, Manea, Wimblington, Somersham and March and we even had one from Cambridge!
“We have had the children in for the last seven days. They learned how to use the library, the computers and other resources.
“They also had lunch here in the caf�, which was a new experience for them as it was the first time they had brought money into school to purchase their food.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall we had very positive feedback from the school teachers, the children and the parents.
“It was a very beneficial experience for everyone and something we will be doing again next year.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years