Principal praises students and staff after The College of West Anglia meets all expectations of inspectors
- Credit: Archant
The College of West Anglia has received a positive review from inspectors.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) says The College of West Anglia’s academic standards, the quality and enhancement of its student learning opportunities and the quality of information about its learning opportunities all meet UK expectations.
QAA’s Higher Education Reviews are carried out by experts from other universities and colleges, including a student reviewer.
David Pomfret, principal and chief executive of The College of West Anglia, said: “We welcome this positive endorsement of the College of West Anglia’s higher education programmes.
“The expectations of the UK Quality Code for Higher Education are a rigorous and demanding measure of academic standards, which underpins the quality of the student learning experience.
You may also want to watch:
“Our success in meeting these expectations in full is a testament to both the commitment of our staff to delivering effective teaching and the active engagement of our students in productive learning.
“We are particularly pleased by QAA’s recognition of good practice in our strategic engagement with employers, which enhances the employability of our graduates, and by its recognition that our staff are highly-effective in engaging with students to enhance their learning experience and meet their individual needs.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
“This independent QAA judgement of our academic quality, and the associated recognition of good practice, offers relevant and reassuring evidence of our ability to deliver on our strategic vision of ‘Changing Lives through Learning’.”