Prison for woman, 24, from March who threw glass at another woman’s head at Ye Olde Griffin Hotel
- Credit: Archant
A woman who threw a glass at another woman’s head has been jailed for two years.
Zoe Pooley, 24, of Peas Hill Road, March pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and two counts of common assault and was handed the prison sentence at Peterborough Crown Court yesterday (February 2).
The court heard how Pooley was drinking at the Ye Olde Griffin Hotel in High Street, March on December 20, 2014 when she hit a woman in her 40s over the head with a glass.
The victim was taken to hospital and treated for multiple cuts to her head.
Pooley was taken outside by staff and went on to bite and scratch two other women before she was arrested by police.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Emily Nutton said: “This was a particularly vicious and unprovoked attack which left one of the victims with several cuts to her head.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire