Prison for woman, 24, from March who threw glass at another woman’s head at Ye Olde Griffin Hotel
- Credit: Archant
A woman who threw a glass at another woman’s head has been jailed for two years.
Zoe Pooley, 24, of Peas Hill Road, March pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm and two counts of common assault and was handed the prison sentence at Peterborough Crown Court yesterday (February 2).
The court heard how Pooley was drinking at the Ye Olde Griffin Hotel in High Street, March on December 20, 2014 when she hit a woman in her 40s over the head with a glass.
The victim was taken to hospital and treated for multiple cuts to her head.
Pooley was taken outside by staff and went on to bite and scratch two other women before she was arrested by police.
Detective Constable Emily Nutton said: “This was a particularly vicious and unprovoked attack which left one of the victims with several cuts to her head.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 6 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday