Prisoner sexually assaulted nurse
A PRISONER serving life for murder at Whitemoor Prison squeezed the bottom of a female agency nurse as he was escorted away from medical treatment. Thomas Wolens – who was jailed in 1988 and has had several parole applications turned down – appeared befor
A PRISONER serving life for murder at Whitemoor Prison squeezed the bottom of a female agency nurse as he was escorted away from medical treatment.
Thomas Wolens - who was jailed in 1988 and has had several parole applications turned down - appeared before Fenland magistrates on Wednesday.
The 53-year-old admitted sexually touching the nurse on September 1 last year, and was sent for sentence to Cambridge Crown Court.
Wolens is not due to apply for parole again until April 2008, said solicitor John Clarke. He had served more than three years on the dangerous and severe personality disorder unit voluntarily, and was currently receiving counselling.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates' chairman Jane Melloy told Wolens: "This was an assault on a person the execution of her duty, and we do not feel our powers of punishment are sufficient.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash