Probation Service seeks skilled members
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Probation Service is seeking people from the local community with the skills to become board members. Stan Webster, chairman of the Cambridgeshire Board, said: We are looking for people from the local community, with backgrounds which refl
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Probation Service is seeking people from the local community with the skills to become board members.
Stan Webster, chairman of the Cambridgeshire Board, said: "We are looking for people from the local community, with backgrounds which reflect the rich cultural and ethnic population of Cambridgeshire and who have experience in the business, public or voluntary sectors. We would especially welcome people who have the acumen to help us compete in the marketplace."
The board, currently responsible for the delivery of all probation services in Cambridgeshire, will be seeking to commission an increased number of organisations from independent and private sectors to deliver those services.
In preparation for the replacement of boards by probation trusts anticipated in April 2008 the members will also be seeking to develop the local service so that it is well placed to compete successfully for contracts with the Regional Offender Commissioner in the future.
You may also want to watch:
CONTACT: Carole Bailey 01223 7123588 or go to www.probationboard.co.uk or call 0845 995 6971.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told