Prolific Fenland burglar who stole boat, tractor, caravan and more jailed
- Credit: Archant
A burglar who stole a boat, tractor and caravan from properties across Fenland has been jailed for three and a half years.
Andrew Yallop, 21, of King Street, Wisbech, admitted the offences after pleading guilty to four break-ins across Norfolk at Norwich Crown Court on Friday.
In the space of a few months he stole three vans, two outboard boat engines, a John Deere tractor, caravan, dinghy and syphoned diesel from properties in March, Elm and Wisbech.
He helped himself to jewellery, televisions and cash from four homes in Norfolk.
In total he admitted four burglaries and asked for a further 80 offences to be taken into consideration – including 12 in Fenland.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Chris Smith said: “Yallop is a prolific offender who targeted homes and businesses over a huge area.
“His actions have caused disruption to a number of businesses and brought misery to victims across Fenland, Norfolk and other neighbouring counties.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
“We’re pleased he has now been brought to justice.”