Prom pioneers were the class of 1989 say former March students
- Credit: Archant
Reunions have become hot topic in March after another school group stepped in to say the class of 1996 were not the first to have a school prom.
We reported how the class of 1996 is getting together next year after two decades.
But their claim to being the first prom caused a stir on Facebook when past pupils said there had been others before them.
Prom pioneers were actually the class of 1989 according to former students.
In the meantime, the class of 1995 hold no grudges and got in touch to invite anybody who went to school in the 1990s to come along and join in a whole lot of 90s disco fun taking place at the United Services Club in July.
You may also want to watch:
One of the organisers, Jo Colwell, said: “The class of 1995 are arranging our reunion for this year, 20 years. We also had a prom so the class of 1996 was not the first one, they may be right about the ties and I am sure all the female pupils of Neale Wade are now eternally grateful.”
Their reunion is taking place on July 25 at the United Services Club on New Road, with a local band for the evening who will play a selection of hits from the decade.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Tickets for the event are £5 from firstname.lastname@example.org or on the door for £8.
Advance tickets must be bought before June 25 to give an idea of numbers.
Jo said: “We would like to open this event up to anyone who left Neale Wade in the 90s. It’s a party so the more the merrier! Or if you left before the 90s but love 90s music then we would love to see you there.”