Pupil, 9, presents cheque to Wisbech school in memory of her green-fingered grandfather
A NINE-YEAR-OLD girl presented a cheque to help her Wisbech school develop their garden in memory of her grandfather.
Chloe Barker and her mother, Karen Barker, handed the cheque for �202.05 to Simon Linney, headteacher at St Peter’s Junior School, this afternoon.
The gift was presented in memory of keen gardener Malcolm Adamson, who passed away in October.
Karen, Malcolm’s daughter, said: “My dad loved to garden and we wanted the funeral donations to go to the school knowing it would help them to develop their garden and allotment.”
Year 5 student Chloe said: “My grandad loved to garden and grow vegetables. He taught my mummy and me how to grow vegetables from seeds and he loved teaching me school subjects.
You may also want to watch:
“My grandad would be very happy and proud to know that he was helping our school.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire