Pupils donate to Chatteris foodbank to help those in need this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Pupils have been busy donating for the last few weeks to the Chatteris Foodbank to help those in need this Christmas.
The food was handed over to representatives Alison and Rob Doulton at the collection point in Cromwell’s school foyer by the Christmas tree.
Alison and Rob thanked Cromwell for their contribution this year and congratulated children for their support.
Dr Rachael Peryer said: “For the third year running pupils at Cromwell Community College have been helping to gather supplies for the Chatteris foodbank. “Instead of leaving presents under their tree, pupils have been bringing tins of food, packets of pasta, boxes of cereal and lots of other supplies to boost the foodbank reserves.
“Rod and Alison from the Chatteris foodbank were delighted when they came to collect the donation and they said ‘thank you, this will really make a difference to families in your home town, many of whom struggle at this time of year’.”
The Chatteris Food Bank is part of The Trussell Trust Ely Foodbank.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 4 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'