Pupils donate to Chatteris foodbank to help those in need this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Pupils have been busy donating for the last few weeks to the Chatteris Foodbank to help those in need this Christmas.
The food was handed over to representatives Alison and Rob Doulton at the collection point in Cromwell’s school foyer by the Christmas tree.
Alison and Rob thanked Cromwell for their contribution this year and congratulated children for their support.
Dr Rachael Peryer said: “For the third year running pupils at Cromwell Community College have been helping to gather supplies for the Chatteris foodbank. “Instead of leaving presents under their tree, pupils have been bringing tins of food, packets of pasta, boxes of cereal and lots of other supplies to boost the foodbank reserves.
“Rod and Alison from the Chatteris foodbank were delighted when they came to collect the donation and they said ‘thank you, this will really make a difference to families in your home town, many of whom struggle at this time of year’.”
You may also want to watch:
The Chatteris Food Bank is part of The Trussell Trust Ely Foodbank.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital