Pupils dress for the occasion at sparkling Wisbech Grammar School leavers event
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 students donned black tie and heels to bid farewell to their school in style.
Wisbech Grammar School upper sixth pupils, together with staff and departing headteacher Nicholas Hammond, sipped cocktails and gorged themselves on canapes at a sparkling Italian themed leavers event.
A band of pupils and staff – including departing teachers Andrew Ayres and Deiniol Williams – provided the musical accompaniment to the evening.
A stylish dinner was prepared by head of food and nutrition Alison Sloan and her talented team.
Mr Hammond, who has been appointed headmaster of The British School of Paris after a six-year spell at the helm, addressed the leavers and toasted the class of 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head Christine Noxon said: “This was a very successful and enjoyable evening to mark the end of the students’ careers at Wisbech Grammar School.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire