Purrfect opportunity to volunteer at a cat charity in the Chatteris area
- Credit: Archant
If you’re feline like a new challenge then why not become a volunteer for the Cats Protection at Chatteris.
The charity is appealing for people who love cats and fancy a new challenge to help with the roles of branch coordinator and welfare team leader.
People from all walks of life are encouraged to contact the Chatteris St Ives Branch, which provides an essential cat rehoming service in the local area.
Lin Lockwood, regional development manager for East Anglia, said: “Volunteering for Cats Protection is a fun and rewarding experience, particularly if you have a skill that would benefit the charity or would like to develop new skills by taking on a fresh challenge.
“Our volunteers gain a great deal of satisfaction helping cats get a second chance in life.
You may also want to watch:
“We work hard to match people’s skills, interests and time availability to the roles on offer so if you have something to contribute, please get in touch.”
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. The Chatteris St Ives Branch is part of the charity’s nationwide network of 250 volunteer-run branches and 31 adoption centres that together help over 194,000 cats and kittens each year.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
More than 8,500 volunteers across the UK fill a variety of roles including book-keeping, home visiting and public relations which give them the opportunity to help cats, meet like-minded people and be part of a worthwhile cause.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for Cats Protection’s Chatteris St Ives Branch, then please call 08 0800 191919