Putting Pride back on streets
THE Street Pride volunteers were out in force on Saturday cleaning up the playing field and play area in Main Road, Parsons Drove – and they were joined by several village community groups. The well-used public space was cleared and litter picked by 25 vo
THE Street Pride volunteers were out in force on Saturday cleaning up the playing field and play area in Main Road, Parsons Drove - and they were joined by several village community groups.
The well-used public space was cleared and litter picked by 25 volunteers, including council staff and their families, representatives from Parson Drove Amenities 95 Management Committee and members of Parson Drove Cricket Club.
Parish Councillors Roger Goy and Mick Warren also came along to lend a hand. Although Parish and District Councillor Cyril Bellamy was unable to help with the litter picking, he did pop in to thank all those taking part.
The volunteers collected about 10 sacks of litter and loaded two trucks full of rubbish, including traffic cones, tree cuttings and even an old canoe.
The National Probation Service also helped out by sending a working party to improve the village pond on the other side of the road. The party worked all day to remove rubbish and weeds, cut back overhanging branches and put up new signs. The results were fantastic and they deserve a big thank-you for their efforts.
Parson Drove Parish Council kindly provided the all important tea and biscuits at the end of the event to express their thanks to all those taking part.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
It is hoped these generous residents will come forward to help at other events that may be arranged in the future.
- For more information on Street Pride contact Jo Hart on 01354 602163 or e-mail email@example.com