Putting Pride back on streets
THE Street Pride volunteers were out in force on Saturday cleaning up the playing field and play area in Main Road, Parsons Drove – and they were joined by several village community groups. The well-used public space was cleared and litter picked by 25 vo
THE Street Pride volunteers were out in force on Saturday cleaning up the playing field and play area in Main Road, Parsons Drove - and they were joined by several village community groups.
The well-used public space was cleared and litter picked by 25 volunteers, including council staff and their families, representatives from Parson Drove Amenities 95 Management Committee and members of Parson Drove Cricket Club.
Parish Councillors Roger Goy and Mick Warren also came along to lend a hand. Although Parish and District Councillor Cyril Bellamy was unable to help with the litter picking, he did pop in to thank all those taking part.
The volunteers collected about 10 sacks of litter and loaded two trucks full of rubbish, including traffic cones, tree cuttings and even an old canoe.
You may also want to watch:
The National Probation Service also helped out by sending a working party to improve the village pond on the other side of the road. The party worked all day to remove rubbish and weeds, cut back overhanging branches and put up new signs. The results were fantastic and they deserve a big thank-you for their efforts.
Parson Drove Parish Council kindly provided the all important tea and biscuits at the end of the event to express their thanks to all those taking part.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
It is hoped these generous residents will come forward to help at other events that may be arranged in the future.
- For more information on Street Pride contact Jo Hart on 01354 602163 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org