Putting the BEACH into WisBEACH complete with deck chairs, sand, Punch and Judy and even a ‘seaside’ donkey
- Credit: Archant
Its first attempt at putting the ‘beach’ into WisBEACH fell at the first hurdle when an inaugural event in 2015 was called off because of torrential rain.
But cometh the hour, cometh the sun and the second, but effectively first, WisBEACH Sunday was acclaimed a massive success.
Hundreds poured into the centre of town to enjoy a day of seaside fun without having to join the five miles queues to Hunstanton.
As part of its programme of community events, the town council put on WisbEACH Sunday complete with traditional donkey, deck chairs, Punch and Judy and fish and chips.
There was a helter skelter of course – that assistant town clerk Susanah Farmer even used to take some aerial shots of the market – and the key to it all…..sand.
You may also want to watch:
The town council brought in loads of it to the delight of many youngsters who spent hours enjoying a day playing in it.
The day also caught the imagination of local TV – the BBC sent a film crew to cover the event.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover