Pymoor crisp company in world record bid
- Credit: Archant
PYMOOR-based crisp manufacturer Corkers is hoping to smash the world record for the largest packet of crisps.
Though Friday the 13th may be unlucky for some, Corkers duo Ross Taylor and Rod Garnham hope that September 13 will be a landmark day as they reveal a packet that will hold up to a ton of crisps at their farm.
The packet will measure about 25ft by 12ft.
Earlier this year, the Corkers team sent the first ever packet of crisps rocketing into space by managing director Mr Garnham says the team are never ones to rest on their laurels.
He said: “We are always looking for a challenge and with this one we’ve got a great incentive; we’re raising money for the Liam Fairhurst Foundation – a fantastic charity for children suffering from terminal cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
Corkers has supported the Liam Fairhurst Foundation since the crisp brand’s launch in 2011. Liam, from Soham, was diagnosed with a soft tissue cancer in his leg and lungs in July 2005 when he was just 10-years-old. He started fundraising for charity CLIC Sargent and raised hundreds of thousands of pounds before his death in 2009 Callum Fairhurst continues his brother’s outstanding legacy.
The unveiling of the record packet will take place on September 13 at Corkers’ headquarters in Pymoor Common.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
The following day, from 10am to 5pm, the public will be able to see the pack and enjoy some local food at a family fun day.
There will be a host of local brands will also be exhibiting at the event, including
Duck Truck Hog Roast, Norfolk Cordial, Dorington Bakeries, Artisan Smokehouse, Cheeseplus, Cupcake Salon, Cheese and Pie Man, and G’s farm