Q&A with Fenland Business Awards medium business of 2017 Precise Component Manufacture Ltd
PUBLISHED: 10:26 03 May 2018 | UPDATED: 10:27 03 May 2018
Medium Business of the Year
This award is open to any business operating within Fenland employing 11 – 250 full time direct employees not including casual staff.
• Outline of business – How has the business performed against budgets and plans?
• Is the business profitable? – Account evidence is required
• How has it successfully adapted to changing markets?
• How does it fit into it’s marketplace?
• What are the plans for development?
Q&A with last year’s winner: Precise Component Manufacture Limited
• What has happened since winning the Medium Business of the Year Award in 2017?
We have continued to grow rapidly and opened our fifth site, PCML Peterborough, in January 2018.
• What have been the company’s main challenges in 2017/18?
Our main challenge has been the recruitment of skilled people to stay ahead of our customers’ demand.
We are now developing a new apprenticeship scheme and company-wide learning and development culture in order to grow our in-house talent.
• What has been your biggest success in 2017/18?
Our quality management system has been certified to the new standard ISO9001:2015 across all areas of our business.
• What are Precise Component Manufacture Limited plans for 2018 and beyond?
We will continue to realise our ambitious expansion plans both through organic growth and further acquisitions.
• What did winning the awards mean to you and what would you say to businesses thinking about entering the awards for the first time?
The awards are recognition of the hard work of every member of the team in making our company so successful.
Other companies should enter the awards to receive independent recognition that can boost the morale of everyone in the company.
The judges said: “An outstanding nomination from a very well organised and forward thinking business. The relationships between senior management and staff is exceptional and they have the future of the business thoroughly planned out, they are ambitious and motivated, a very worthy winner.”