Quarter of a century for Wisbech charity shop
- Credit: David Lowndes
A Wisbech charity shop has celebrated 25 years of successfully raising money in the town.
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) thanked the local community for its support during a birthday party for staff and shop volunteers.
Sonya Pringle, BHF area manager, said: “We’ve enjoyed a fantastic 25 years of business in the Wisbech shop. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all our loyal customers and volunteers who really make this shop special and help the BHF fund its life-saving research.
“We are looking forward to welcoming even more customers in the shop and making the next 25 years equally as successful.
“We’re always in need of stock, so if you’re having a clear out, join the fight for every heartbeat and help fund life-saving research with your donations.”
You may also want to watch:
Located in Market Place, 100% of the profits raised from sales goes into the fight against heart disease and funds the BHF’s life-saving research.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines