Quarter peal to celebrate arrival of new priest - and to celebrate a birth too
Before morning service on December 29 the bell ringers at St.Wendreda’s, March, successfully rang a quarter peal of Plain Bob Doubles to welcome the new priest in charge, Rev Clifford Stocking.
It was also to celebrate the birth of Eva Jennifer Gayford.
The ringers who took part were Dominic Young, Karen Eyers, Michael Beeken, Helen Greenleaves, Michael Goakes and Andrew Goakes.
If any readers are interested in learning to ring the bells, our practice night is on a Monday between 7.30pm and 9pm, you are most welcome to just turn up, or contact us for more details.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory