Queensgate Extension Makes Room for Primark
WITH news which will transform shoppers’ lives in Peterborough, Queensgate is thrilled to announce its bringing retail giant Primark to the city centre.
Following a �20million investment, the centre will see a 930m extension to make room for the fashion retailer, with work due to start in spring 2011. Primark is set to open its doors in November 2012 right in time for the festive season.
The hugely popular store offering value shopping will be one of the largest units in Queensgate, showcased over two impressive floors. Stocking the full line of women’s, men’s, children’s and homeware, shoppers will be able to indulge in the all delights they come to expect from Primark’s unbeatable and low cost offering.
Phil Drinkwater, marketing manager at Queensgate, comments: “Being able to announce that we’re bringing such a hugely popular and in-demand store to the city centre is incredible. We know shoppers have wanted Primark in Peterborough for a long time, so are in no doubt that the store will drive high footfall and encourage even more visitors to Queensgate.
“Already in the last few months we’ve seen our Republic store grow in size and new stores Pandora, Schuh, Klass, Superdry and Appy Feet open. Primark will cement Queensgate as the number one retail destination in the region and create a high number of employment opportunities, continuing to help support the local economy.”
You may also want to watch:
Peter Cooper, Portfolio Director for owner’s Hammerson, commented: “Delivering a new MSU for Primark alongside securing aspirational and affordable fashion brands is part of our core strategy to underline the regional status the scheme already enjoys.
“Our full line John Lewis, Waitrose and M&S stores already give us a strong foundation but we cannot be complacent. The best retail destinations need constant evolution and serious attention to detail in order to stay ahead of the competition to deliver the best possible sales platform for retailers and rental growth for investors.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
For all the latest information on stores and opening hours visit queensgate-shopping.co.uk