Quick-thinking staff at the Cobblestons pub in March praised after grill fire
The fire service has praised quick-thinking staff at a pub in March after they helped extinguish a blaze in its kitchen.
Workers at the Cobblestones Pub on Wisbech Road were called into action yesterday (September 29) at around 7pm.
They used a fire blanket and a CO2 extinguisher before two fire engines arrived from March and the blaze was extinguished.
Andy Powell, watch commander, said: “Prompt action by the kitchen staff by correctly using a fire blanket and C02 extinguisher and isolating the gas supply prevented this incident from being worse.”