Quite right – we’re the poor relation
IN answer to Councillor Martin Curtis letter (Cambs Times, December 22), Reg Wenn is right – Chatteris is the poor relation. We are left out every time. As for the South Fens Business Centre, it is not only for Chatteris but for all of Fenland and I shou
IN answer to Councillor Martin Curtis' letter (Cambs Times, December 22), Reg Wenn is right - Chatteris is the poor relation. We are left out every time.
As for the South Fens Business Centre, it is not only for Chatteris but for all of Fenland and I should think 50 per cent of the people of Chatteris do not know what it is or where it is, and the other 50 per cent do not care.
And as for the multi-million pound Nene Waterfront regeneration project in Wisbech, the only benefit Chatteris will get is to help to pay for it.
Cllr Curtis, if you do not think Chatteris gets left out I will come to Whittlesey and pick you up. We can then go round Whittlesey and see what you have got, move on to Wisbech and March to see what they have got, and then on to Chatteris, to see what we have not got.
CLLR COLIN GREENWOOD
- 1 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 6 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 7 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 8 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 9 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines