Quite right – we’re the poor relation
IN answer to Councillor Martin Curtis letter (Cambs Times, December 22), Reg Wenn is right – Chatteris is the poor relation. We are left out every time. As for the South Fens Business Centre, it is not only for Chatteris but for all of Fenland and I shou
IN answer to Councillor Martin Curtis' letter (Cambs Times, December 22), Reg Wenn is right - Chatteris is the poor relation. We are left out every time.
As for the South Fens Business Centre, it is not only for Chatteris but for all of Fenland and I should think 50 per cent of the people of Chatteris do not know what it is or where it is, and the other 50 per cent do not care.
And as for the multi-million pound Nene Waterfront regeneration project in Wisbech, the only benefit Chatteris will get is to help to pay for it.
Cllr Curtis, if you do not think Chatteris gets left out I will come to Whittlesey and pick you up. We can then go round Whittlesey and see what you have got, move on to Wisbech and March to see what they have got, and then on to Chatteris, to see what we have not got.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR COLIN GREENWOOD
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl