Quite right – we’re the poor relation
IN answer to Councillor Martin Curtis letter (Cambs Times, December 22), Reg Wenn is right – Chatteris is the poor relation. We are left out every time. As for the South Fens Business Centre, it is not only for Chatteris but for all of Fenland and I shou
IN answer to Councillor Martin Curtis' letter (Cambs Times, December 22), Reg Wenn is right - Chatteris is the poor relation. We are left out every time.
As for the South Fens Business Centre, it is not only for Chatteris but for all of Fenland and I should think 50 per cent of the people of Chatteris do not know what it is or where it is, and the other 50 per cent do not care.
And as for the multi-million pound Nene Waterfront regeneration project in Wisbech, the only benefit Chatteris will get is to help to pay for it.
Cllr Curtis, if you do not think Chatteris gets left out I will come to Whittlesey and pick you up. We can then go round Whittlesey and see what you have got, move on to Wisbech and March to see what they have got, and then on to Chatteris, to see what we have not got.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR COLIN GREENWOOD
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely