Quiz fans raise money for Royal British Legion in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The Old Bakery tea room in Chatteris has made a donation of £102 to the town’s Royal British Legion thanks to a fund raising quiz.
The cryptic quiz sheet, with all answers associated with the RBL and armed forces, was produced by cafe owner Tina Prior.
Around 60 quizzes were returned, of which, 39 were correct.
RBL Branch Chairman, Norman Larke drew the winner which was Jan Stewart, of Chatteris, who received £10.
The money raised adds to this year’s Poppy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
It is now hoped that the expected £4000 shortfall in funds this year, due to the closure of the Co-Op store has been greatly minimised.
Tina said: “Thanks to everyone who participated in the quiz. The Old Bakery will shortly be releasing a new quiz sheet, flowers, with proceeds going to Chatteris In Bloom.”
- 1 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 2 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 3 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 4 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 5 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 8 Tandoori Nights get a whole lot better at restaurant
- 9 Fly tipped waste in Chatteris blights rural walk
- 10 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens