Quiz fans raise money for Royal British Legion in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The Old Bakery tea room in Chatteris has made a donation of £102 to the town’s Royal British Legion thanks to a fund raising quiz.
The cryptic quiz sheet, with all answers associated with the RBL and armed forces, was produced by cafe owner Tina Prior.
Around 60 quizzes were returned, of which, 39 were correct.
RBL Branch Chairman, Norman Larke drew the winner which was Jan Stewart, of Chatteris, who received £10.
The money raised adds to this year’s Poppy Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
It is now hoped that the expected £4000 shortfall in funds this year, due to the closure of the Co-Op store has been greatly minimised.
Tina said: “Thanks to everyone who participated in the quiz. The Old Bakery will shortly be releasing a new quiz sheet, flowers, with proceeds going to Chatteris In Bloom.”
- 1 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 2 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 3 Jordan runs London Marathon from garden after catching Covid-19
- 4 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 5 Tributes paid to 'loving father and perfect son' killed in A47 crash
- 6 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 7 Sexual assault claims made against 15 Cambridgeshire police officers
- 8 Plenty to feast upon at the Whittlesey allotment awards
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Man taken to hospital after road rage incident