Quiz night raises money for people with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
The Little London Inn in March is hosting a fun-filled evening, including a pub quiz, raffle and auction, to raise money for the Fenland-based charity Eddie’s.
Eddie’s, formerly known as Cambridgeshire Mencap, is a local charity which supports people with learning disabilities from across Fenland.
Every month the charity organises an activity session in which adults with a learning disability can participate in a range of activities, whilst engaging with other people and having fun.
The activities on offer include picnics, zumba sessions and games afternoons. However, this important service can only be maintained by public donations to Eddie’s and the fund raising efforts of their volunteers.
The quiz night takes place on Sunday May 18 and entry at 7pm costs £1 per player with teams consisting of 4-6 people.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a raffle and auction on the night so there will be plenty of chances to win big, have fun and help support a vital local charity at the same time.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens