Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- Credit: College of West Anglia
A former College of West Anglia (CWA) hairdressing student has won a bronze medal after competing at a national competition.
Rachael Penny, who attended CWA’s Wisbech campus, came third in the WorldSkills UK finals at the L’Oreal Academy in London.
Over the course of two days, she completed five different tests to win her award including reserve balayage, a bridal look, as well as a 60s style replica of a photo provided.
Rachael was joined by other students and staff during a watch party when her award was announced.
“This competition has been an extensive process, with hundreds of entrants nationwide and three stages to pass prior to the finals," she said.
“These included photographic entries of my work, as well as a live zoom national qualifier where we completed a cut and colour in a given time.
“It’s been a fantastic experience and to gain a medal is the icing on the cake!”
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 8 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched