RAF raise cash in Race for Life
RAF cadets at the 1220 (March) Squadron expect to raise �400 for Cancer Research after the rain delayed Peterborough Race for Life finally got underway on September 11.
For the fifth year running female cadets and staff members took part in the fun run while other cadets handed out water, medals and goody bags on the finish line.
Five cadets and three staff raced for the lives with Flight Sergeant Lauren Arnold first back for 1220, hotly pursued by cadet Katie Mowatt.
A spokesman for the 1220 squadron described the girls as a “pretty fit bunch”.
Flight Sergeant Lauren Arnold, who had coordinated 1220’s entry said. “It was a great turnout this year and all the cadets enjoyed the experience.”
For further information on the 1220 squadron you can visit their website at: www.1220atc.org.uk.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim