RAF raise cash in Race for Life
RAF cadets at the 1220 (March) Squadron expect to raise �400 for Cancer Research after the rain delayed Peterborough Race for Life finally got underway on September 11.
For the fifth year running female cadets and staff members took part in the fun run while other cadets handed out water, medals and goody bags on the finish line.
Five cadets and three staff raced for the lives with Flight Sergeant Lauren Arnold first back for 1220, hotly pursued by cadet Katie Mowatt.
A spokesman for the 1220 squadron described the girls as a “pretty fit bunch”.
Flight Sergeant Lauren Arnold, who had coordinated 1220’s entry said. “It was a great turnout this year and all the cadets enjoyed the experience.”
You may also want to watch:
For further information on the 1220 squadron you can visit their website at: www.1220atc.org.uk.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital