Display cabinets emptied in weekend raid on Argos store in March - watches and jewellery stolen
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds worth of watches and jewellery were stolen on Saturday night from the Argos store on the outskirts of March.
The store was closed on Sunday while police investigated the break-in.
Staff arriving for work today found the display cabinets inside the store had been broken into and large quantities of watches, earrings, necklaces and other jewellery had been stolen from display cabinets.
It is not thought that intruders got into the main part of the secure storage area at the Meadlowlands store.
A spokesman for Argos said: “We can confirm there was an incident at our March Meadowland store on Saturday night
You may also want to watch:
“To support the police with their investigation, the store was closed on Sunday.”
The spokesman added: “We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and the store is now open as normal.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
Argos, with 845 retail shops across the UK and Ireland, is now a subsidiary of Sainsbury’s. Many Argos stores have been integrated into the larger branches of the parent company in recent years.