Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- Credit: Greater Anglia
A person has been hit by a train on the line between Cambridge and Ely.
The line has re-opened but Great Northern says that "although we are in the process of resuming services, delays, cancellations and alterations all remain possible".
Greater Anglia says disruption is expected until 10am
Train services between Norwich and Stansted Airport are being disrupted.
“The response team have been informed and are en route to the site,” said a Greater Anglia spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result Norwich to Stansted Airport services will terminate and start from Ely.”
Rail replacement buses have been sourced and will be operated by Youngs Coaches, between Cambridge North and Ely. Cross Country services have also been affected by this incident
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
Great Northern says that trains that usually run between London Kings Cross & Kings Lynn will now be running between London Kings Cross & Cambridge.
A train shuttle service will be in operation between Ely & Kings Lynn, this means the below stations will not be served:
- Cambridge North