Rail travel across Cambridgeshire disrupted after overhead wire problems at Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Rail travel across Cambridgeshire has been severely disrupted by overhead wire problems.
The problem is affecting Abellio Greater Anglia; CrossCountry and Great Northern services.
Overhead wire problems at Cambridge means trains cannot run through the station until at least 6pm.
Alternative travel options
Great Northern trains will start and terminate at Royston and Ely. Buses have been requested to run between Royston and Cambridge and between Ely and Cambridge, but there is no estimate at present.
You may also want to watch:
Abellio Greater Anglia has requested buses but there is no estimate at present.
You can follow this incident on Twitter using #Cambridge
- 1 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 2 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 10 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
If you experience a delay in completing your journey because of this disruption, you may be entitled to compensation
To check your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner
Services between Ipswich and Cambridge are starting and terminating at Dullingham.