Railway exhibition is a hit with enthusiasts
- Credit: Archant
Model railway enthusiasts steamed their way to Whittlesey at the weekend for a joint exhibition put on by March and District Model Railway Club and 1st Whittlesey Scouts.
Eight layouts were displayed at the event on Saturday, as well as trader stalls, a tombola and refreshments.
Club secretary Mike Wyldebore said: “It was a very successful day, we had well in excess of 100 people and a good time was had by all.
“Events like these give us the chance to show off our models and raise money.”
Half of the money raised will go towards the upkeep of the scout hall, whilst the other half will enable the club to build more layouts.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s next event, an open day to attract more members and showcase layouts, will take place on October 8 (10am–4pm) at the Scout Hut in March.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle