Rainbow volunteers given credit
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers at the Wisbech Rainbow Savers have received recognition for the work they have put in for the past year.
A spokesman said: “It gave the volunteers a chance to chat and hear more about the success of the Wisbech Oasis and Rosmini collection points brought about by their dedication and sheer hard work.”
Wisbech Rainbow Savers is a cooperative, run by members for their members. It offers safe savings accounts, small loans, and free life assurance to members of Wisbech and the surrounding area.
Wisbech Savers is the newest branch of the Rainbow Saver Anglia credit union and encourages people to use local branches of loans or financial support, rather than more widely known companies that people often turn to.
After celebrating its first birthday, the local company, which provides financial aid and support, held a thankyou event at the Boat House Wisbech, inviting all of the volunteers who have had an input into the company in the past year to enjoy an afternoon tea party and a presentation from Sally Chicken.
You may also want to watch:
The volunteers were then all presented with a certificate of recognition for their hard work over the past year.
To find out more information about the Wisbech Rainbow Savers, you can visit the Oasis centre every Monday or the Rosmini Centre every Tuesday, both from 2-4pm.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire