Ramsey Forty Foot ditch crash: Man charged with causing death by careless driving after two women killed
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the death of two women after a car plunged into a ditch off of the Ramsey Forty Foot last week.
Ionut Cosmin Curut, 21, of Sutton Road in Spalding, Lincolnshire, was driving a silver Mazda 6 at about 7.15am on Friday (October 13) when it left Puddock Road and went into a water-filled ditch.
Two women, who were travelling in the rear of the car, died at the scene.
Cosmin and another man, who was travelling in the front of the car, managed to get out and were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, with minor injuries.
On Saturday (October 14) Cosmin appeared at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court charged with two counts of death by careless driving.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on November 10.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens