Ramsey Forty Foot ditch crash: Man charged with causing death by careless driving after two women killed
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the death of two women after a car plunged into a ditch off of the Ramsey Forty Foot last week.
Ionut Cosmin Curut, 21, of Sutton Road in Spalding, Lincolnshire, was driving a silver Mazda 6 at about 7.15am on Friday (October 13) when it left Puddock Road and went into a water-filled ditch.
Two women, who were travelling in the rear of the car, died at the scene.
Cosmin and another man, who was travelling in the front of the car, managed to get out and were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, with minor injuries.
On Saturday (October 14) Cosmin appeared at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court charged with two counts of death by careless driving.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on November 10.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years