Dad thanks mystery motorist for random act of kindness at drive-thru
- Credit: Google Maps
A dad driving his disabled son home from hospital has thanked a kind-hearted motorist for a random act of kindness at McDonald’s.
Chris King was using the drive-thru at the Eye Green fast-food restaurant near Thorney on Tuesday (January 12) following a “horrible hospital appointment”.
Mr King placed his order and drove round to the next window, it was there that he was told the car in front had already paid for his meal and he owed nothing.
The kind gesture nearly brought him to tears and he would now like to find the driver of the dark-coloured 2016 Kia Sportage.
He said: “If you’re the person who randomly decided to pay for the car behind’s food... The car behind was driven by me.
“A man who was taking his disabled child for a treat for being so, so brave at an absolutely horrible hospital appointment today.
“Your completely random act of kindness made our day immeasurably better and you nearly made a 45-year-old man cry.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
“We didn’t have a chance to thank the person so If anyone doesn’t mind sharing my post, we’d be really grateful.”
Was it you who paid for Mr King’s order, or do you know the person who did? Email: email@example.com