LETTER: Who killed the squirrel family in Chatteris?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Since moving to Chatteris my joy each day has been to watch the squirrels chasing each other across the trees at the back of my garden.
I also enjoy feeding them each day. My granddaughter and I have given them names and love it when Cyril, Sandy and Slinky and family come to our bird feeding station.
Imagine how worried we were on Monday to hear what sounded like gunshots nearby... surely not... not our darlings...
Sadly today all I can see is one lonely youngster running up and down looking for its family.
I don’t know who the assassin is but hope they are pleased with themselves for leaving me bereft.
You may also want to watch:
I have MS and watching squirrels and birds out of my window every day makes my life worth living.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'