LETTER: Who killed the squirrel family in Chatteris?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Since moving to Chatteris my joy each day has been to watch the squirrels chasing each other across the trees at the back of my garden.
I also enjoy feeding them each day. My granddaughter and I have given them names and love it when Cyril, Sandy and Slinky and family come to our bird feeding station.
Imagine how worried we were on Monday to hear what sounded like gunshots nearby... surely not... not our darlings...
Sadly today all I can see is one lonely youngster running up and down looking for its family.
I don’t know who the assassin is but hope they are pleased with themselves for leaving me bereft.
I have MS and watching squirrels and birds out of my window every day makes my life worth living.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant