LETTER: Who killed the squirrel family in Chatteris?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Since moving to Chatteris my joy each day has been to watch the squirrels chasing each other across the trees at the back of my garden.
I also enjoy feeding them each day. My granddaughter and I have given them names and love it when Cyril, Sandy and Slinky and family come to our bird feeding station.
Imagine how worried we were on Monday to hear what sounded like gunshots nearby... surely not... not our darlings...
Sadly today all I can see is one lonely youngster running up and down looking for its family.
I don’t know who the assassin is but hope they are pleased with themselves for leaving me bereft.
You may also want to watch:
I have MS and watching squirrels and birds out of my window every day makes my life worth living.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now