LETTER: Who killed the squirrel family in Chatteris?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Since moving to Chatteris my joy each day has been to watch the squirrels chasing each other across the trees at the back of my garden.
I also enjoy feeding them each day. My granddaughter and I have given them names and love it when Cyril, Sandy and Slinky and family come to our bird feeding station.
Imagine how worried we were on Monday to hear what sounded like gunshots nearby... surely not... not our darlings...
Sadly today all I can see is one lonely youngster running up and down looking for its family.
I don’t know who the assassin is but hope they are pleased with themselves for leaving me bereft.
You may also want to watch:
I have MS and watching squirrels and birds out of my window every day makes my life worth living.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90