READER OFFER: Claim free fish and chips at Petrou Brothers in Chatteris with our voucher
THE Petrou family have been in the fish frying trade since 1968 and pride themselves on the responsible and sustainable values that have helped them serve more than a million portions of the nation’s favourite meal.
Simple measures, like embracing new frying technology, has set them apart from most other fryers and their dedication to removing the excess saturated fat from their portions has helped propel their business into the 21st Century.
And, to celebrate their unique take on fish and chips, Petrou Brothers in Chatteris have teamed up with their local papers, the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard, to offer readers one free portion of their mini fish, chips and peas meal which contains typically less than 300 calories.
Mark and Peter Petrou have studied the history of fish and chips back to it’s humble beginnings. Just last year, Mark published a book on the foodstuff, Fish & Chips: A National Treasure to widespread acclaim.
The Petrous source their fish responsibly from sustainable stocks, marry them to trusty spuds lifted from the fields around their shop in the heart of the Fens and simply clean, cut and fry them to perfection.
You may also want to watch:
There are no hidden additives – in fact even the flour for their batter is milled just for them. They have introduced new species to their menu as cod prices continue to rise making sure fish and chips remains affordable for the masses.
Mark has been described by the food critic Tom Parker-Bowles as a “fish-frying evangelist” when he visited his shop in 2006 and was one the 14 judges to award hte Petrous the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year crown that same year.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
TV appearances on Ready Steady Cook, The Alan Titchmarsh Show and GMTV gave Mark the platform he needed to spread the word about just how far fish and chips had come.
Offer is for one voucher per visit and no photocopies are allowed.