Reader snaps photo of the double decker bus which crashed along Cambs road
A DOUBLE decker bus crashed into a ditch this morning between Chatteris and St Ives.
Emergency services were called to Pidley Hill at Somersham just before 8am to the three vehicle accident.
Reader Carol White sent in this picture showing the double decker bus, which left the road just past the Windmill public house on the B1086, St Ives Road.
Mrs White, 47, of Windsor Gardens, Somersham, was out with her husband Austen, 53, when they came across the stranded bus.
She said: “We live in Somersham and we were just driving round the corner and we said ‘oh, that’s not supposed to be there!’
“I had my camera with me because I like to take pictures of snowy scenes around the village.”
The bus and two other vehicles were involved in the incident, which happened shortly before 8am.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
Police officers were called at 7.52am, while a fire engine from Chatteris and the rescue vehicle from Huntingdon were despatched at 8.13am. There were no casualties and the road remained open.