Reader snaps photo of the double decker bus which crashed along Cambs road
A DOUBLE decker bus crashed into a ditch this morning between Chatteris and St Ives.
Emergency services were called to Pidley Hill at Somersham just before 8am to the three vehicle accident.
Reader Carol White sent in this picture showing the double decker bus, which left the road just past the Windmill public house on the B1086, St Ives Road.
Mrs White, 47, of Windsor Gardens, Somersham, was out with her husband Austen, 53, when they came across the stranded bus.
She said: “We live in Somersham and we were just driving round the corner and we said ‘oh, that’s not supposed to be there!’
You may also want to watch:
“I had my camera with me because I like to take pictures of snowy scenes around the village.”
The bus and two other vehicles were involved in the incident, which happened shortly before 8am.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Police officers were called at 7.52am, while a fire engine from Chatteris and the rescue vehicle from Huntingdon were despatched at 8.13am. There were no casualties and the road remained open.